Shun DM0743 Classic Gokujo Boning is a Japanese Gokujo knife with a 6-inch blade for the purpose of boning and filleting fish. The most remarkable element of this Japanese boning knife is its blade. The knife has been forged in Japan by famous blade manufacturer KAI. The blade has an elegantly contoured shape for safe and efficient cutting of joints, bones, and tendons while maintaining the integrity of the meat.
The blade has 33 layers of stainless-steel including 16 layers of SUS410 high carbon stainless-steel that gives out rust-free Damacus look. This Damacus look not only enhances the look but also prevents morsels from sticking and reduces drag when slicing.
This fillet knife has a comfortable D-shaped Pakkawood handle. The shape lets you hold the handle firmly, and the ebony Pakkawood contains fuses blend of hardwood veneers and resin for excellent performance. The knife also has a steel end-cap attractive finishing touch and dishwasher safety.
- Product dimensions: 11× 0.9× 1.8 inches
- Item weight: 7.2 ounces
- Manufacturer: Shun
- Blade material: VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/ SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side, for a total of 33 layers of metal
- Bevel: Double-beveled
- Cutting angle: 16 degrees per side (comprehensive angle 32 degrees). This is sharper than European knives, ground to 20-22 degrees per side.
- Handle material: PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); D-shaped handle available in the right and (by special order) left-handed versions
Why We Like It?
- Renowned Japanese Gokujo knife
- Blade made by famous manufacturer KAI
- Safe and efficient cutting
- Damacus look layered blade
- Comfortable D-shaped Pakkawood handle
- Dishwasher safe
Shun DM0743 Classic Gokujo Boning is an ideal fish fillet knife for those who know about the quality of a Japanese Shun classic knife. As we have already discussed the materials used to make the blade, you can guess how much effort is given to make the blade with utmost care, extreme durability, and dazzling finish. The handle is convenient too. The knife is everything you would want in a boning or fish fillet knife.