Top 10 tips for inflatable kayak buddies
Back in the days, kayaks were not that much popular among people, Because of its cheap design and weak durability. But thanks to science, that now we are producing technological marvel, and an inflatable kayak is one of them. Now you don’t have to carry a massive boat on the roof of your car and crack your neck or waist to pull it down.
This is a small kind of boat with two bladed paddles, which is capable of carrying up to 4 people; moreover, you can fold it and place it anywhere in your car. Kayak is a huge source of enjoyment and refreshment because roaming around in a tranquil place with the sight of variants of wildlings is blissful. Though Fishermen and anglers use an inflatable Fishing kayak, it can also be used for voyages.
There are various kinds of kayaks available in the market. Hobie Mirage i9s, Advanced Elements AE100-R, Rave Sea Rebel are some of the best inflatable kayaks that have some popularity among kayak buddies. Sevylor inflatable kayak is also a right kind of kayak you can buy as your ride.
Kayak riding is very relaxing for your body. After a long week of hectic work pressure if you want to spend some quality time with your friends and family, then kayak is your best option. Kayak can be operated by anyone, because of its simplicity and adorable size. You have to pump the air with an electric motor into the boat to make it float on the water. Though it seems natural and not so odd to ride a kayak, sometimes it can be unpredictable if you don’t know the basics of kayak riding. Now, sit tight and prepare yourself to get ten important tips about kayak riding while riding with buddies.
Tell someone about your whereabouts before leaving home for a kayak adventure. Where you are going and what time you will be back, tell it to some of your family members, in case you fall into a crisis there will be someone to prepare a rescue mission for you.
Preparing the Kayak
Before putting the kayak on the water surface check critical things, which is essential for riding a kayak.
- Distribute weight fairly. More weight in the back is better than more weight in the front.
- Pack your pump and repair kit into a waterproof bag.
- Make sure the kayak is inflated to its full capacity.
- Lacks of air make your kayak sluggish.
- Recheck your kayak if it has any leak or not.
Stay close to shore. If you are kayaking on the ocean or a lake, it is wise to paddle along the shoreline. When the wind picks up, you will be in the safe side and don’t have to waste any energy to make it to the shore.
Bring Water and Food
Bring clean water and food with you. You not going to drink sea water, if you are in a lake and the water is appealing, don’t take any chances. Leave the fresh microbial lake water for the fish. Freshwater will keep you dehydrated all the time, and food will help you to remain energetic.
Bring layers of clothing with you. If the weather feels warm, it is always a good idea to pack some extra clothing into a dry bag and put it in the corner somewhere in the kayak; so, you are prepared for any weather on the cruise. Take a hat, and it will protect you from both rain and sun.
Bring a cell phone with you, though it will be hard for you to remain in touch with your phone nevertheless it is worthy enough in some critical situation. Don’t forget to make it waterproof with other gadgets.
A whistle will be a great tool for interaction with others in any given situation. If you are in trouble, a whistle is a great way to get others attention.
Apply some sunscreen cream before kayaking. The reflected sunlight from water can do some severe damage to your skin, so it is better to take some precautionary measures. If you intend to stay in the water for hours, you may have to reapply for the screening.
Taking care of kayak
Don’t brag your kayak into rocks or run into sharp objects. Most kayaks are built sturdy. Steer around sticks and debris in the water. Don’t topple with waves. Waves are easy to deal with. Just put the front of the kayak to the wave, and you will clear the wave like a hot knife to the butter. If you panic and keep your kayak sideways, then become ready to gulp some water and changing the clothes. Stay away from the motor boats. Firstly, they are freaking annoying. Secondly, they will not see you coming, and that is the real danger.
Things not to do
- Don’t bring alcohol with you. You are in the nature having some healthy breeze along eye soothing views, why you want to waste that by having some booze with the after effect of dizziness? Moreover, it will make you dehydrated in the hot sun. It is not a good thing to become dehydrated in the wilderness.
- Never disturb the wildlings. You are into their habitats if you annoy them they will escape from outsiders and that is a significant loss for you as well as others. Let them be, take pictures, enjoy their life and what else you want!
- Don’t stand up and try to swap places on the kayak. It is very much possible that one of you is going to taste the water. Dock your kayak on the shore, and then change places.
- Don’t fall asleep on the kayak.
You can go for some inflatable kayak reviews for a better understanding of products and its specimen. If you can remind these ten tips by heart, you can do fine with your kayak without a hitch.
Products You May Consider
SaleBestseller No. 1 Etekcity Air Pump Air Mattress Pump for Inflatable Blow up Pool Raft Bed Boat Toy Exercise Ball,Quick-Fill AC Inflator Deflator with 3 Nozzles,110-120V
- HIGH-QUALITY PERFORMANCE: Quick-fill and High Pressure Design of this portable electric air pump for faster and efficient inflatable experience, at 0.55 PSI (3800 Pa), higher than most hand pumps on the market; Fill queen-size and king-size air mattresses in half the time this inflator takes with traditional hand pumps
- INTERLOCKING NOZZLES: The air mattress pump's various sizes of nozzles can fit most inflatables you need to inflate or deflate; The portable pump's nozzles stay lock-secured on the electric air pump during use; Works well with air mattresses, pools, rafts, sofas, bathtub, water beds, boat, pool toys, swimming rings etc
- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT: Our high pressure AC air pump is convenient to pack and transport; Our quick inflatable air pump is easily stored for next use; The small size of this electric pump will spare more room for you; Electric air mattress pump is portable for operation independently by one person
- LOW NOISE: This airbed pump uses an advanced wheel design and high-quality metal impellers, which greatly reduces its noise in operation; Great for last-minute mattress set-up when others nearby are already resting
- SAFETY & WARRANTY: ETL approved; 1-year warranty and lifetime support provided by Etekcity
Hot New Items